I’m somewhat of a personal growth junkie. I love reading and listening to podcast about personal growth and development. Because of this, I’m always interested in the habits of great leaders. For instance, here are some blog titles I can’t resist clicking on:
“What the best leaders always eat for breakfast.”
“What the most productive leaders do before the rest of the world gets up.”
“3 habits that will make you a productive machine.”
So in the spirit of giving out personal growth secrets, I want to tell you what I do every single day that makes all the difference for me. Here it is:
I read the Bible everyday.
Reading the Bible is the most profound thing I do every day, and it literally changes everything else about my day (and life).
9 ways the Bible changes me every day:
1. Reading the Bible every day resets my mind on the truth that today is about God, not me.
2. Reading the Bible every day focuses my love on God and those around me, rather than on myself.
3. Reading the Bible every day fixes my eyes on the bigger story of Christ and His kingdom, rather than the little story of my kingdom.
4. Reading the Bible every day reminds me that this life is a vapor, but eternity is forever.
5. Reading the Bible every day is a mirror that shows me who I am and how I need to change to become more like Jesus.
6. Reading the Bible every day helps thaw my cold heart so that it burns with the satisfaction only found in God.
7. Reading the Bible every day shows me that the Bible is more about Him than it is about me.
8. Reading the Bible every day lets me behold God’s faithfulness in the past, so I can trust Him in the present, and in the future.
9. Reading the Bible every day causes me to love Jesus more and more, and the things of this world less and less.