In the same way husbands should love their wives as their own bodies. He who loves his wife loves himself. For no one ever hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, just as Christ does the church… (Ephesians 5:28-29)
As guys we love, cherish, and nourish our bodies. We drive them through lines to feed them, and flex in mirrors to admire them (as disappointing as it may be). When they get tired we sleep, or when they get stressed we hit the gym, hit golf balls, or walk through the woods (usually to kill something). You get the idea, we listen, respond, and take care of our bodies.
Now guys, “in the same way” you should love, cherish, and nourish your wife (if you have one), because she IS your body! Here are 15+ practical ways to do that.
- Tell her you love her everyday.
- Tell her she is beautiful multiple times a day.
- Notice when she fixes up or changes her hair (and comment).
- Sit with her on the couch and rub her back or feet.
- Ask her how her day was and listen.
- Do the dishes, vacuum, sweep, etc.
- Get a sitter and take her on a date.
- Listen, take notes, and buy her something she wants or needs.
- Plan a weekend trip and get a hotel.
- Plan a multi-day vacation and drop the kids off with the grandparents (or anyone who will take them!).
- Text her during the day just to say hi.
- Take over kid duty when you get home (or take the kids away from home).
- Start a bath for her and take over reading and bedtime with the kids.
- Sit down with her on Sunday nights and sync your calendar with her’s, and ask how you can help her this week.
- Ask how you can pray for her this week.
- Be a constant student of her, and keep adding to this list.
Now go and make your wife feel like the rockstar she is (because you sure don’t want some other dude doing it)!