1) Isaiah 40:3-5 – He will be proceeded by a voice crying in the wilderness.
All four gospels claim John is this voice preparing the way for Jesus.
2) Isaiah 7:14 – He will be born of a virgin and name Emmanuel (God with us).
Mathew 1 – Mary is the virgin and her son shall be called Emmanuel.
3) Isaiah 9:6-7 – He is the forever King who bears the name Mighty God.
Luke 1:32 – Jesus will be great and called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God will give to him the throne of his father David forever.
4) Isaiah 11:1-3 – He shall be a righteous branch from the line of David.
1 Peter 2:22 – Jesus committed no sin, neither was deceit found in his mouth.
5) Isaiah 28:16 – He will be the cornerstone.
Acts 4:11 – Jesus is the stone that was rejected by men, the builders, which has become the cornerstone of the church.
6) Isaiah 40:11 – He will be a good shepherd who cares for the sheep.
John 10 Jesus says, “I am the Good Shepherd.”
7) Isaiah 35:4-6 – He will cause the blind to see and deft to hear.
Luke 7:22 – “Should we look for another?” And he (Jesus) answered them, “Go and tell John what you have seen and heard: the blind receive their sight, the lame walk, lepers are cleansed, and the deaf hear, the dead are raised up, the poor have good news preached to them.”
8) Isaiah 25:8-9 – He will shallow up death.
1 Cor 15:55-57 – “Death is swallowed up in victory.” “O death, where is your victory? O death, where is your sting?” The sting of death is sin, and the power of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
9) Isaiah 42:3 – He will be the hope of the Gentiles.
Matthew 12:18-21 “and in his name the Gentiles will hope.”
10) Isaiah 61:1-2a – He will be the Spirit filled Messiah who brings the year of the Lord’s favor.
Luke 4 – Jesus says He is the Spirit filled Messiah.
Therefore, Jesus is God who became a man to live the righteous life we couldn’t and die the death we all deserve, so that in Him we might become the righteousness of God. Jesus is the “Anointed One”, who is called the Christ.
(Image – http://www.abidingtv.com/2015/07/the-birth-of-baby-jesus.html)